And oh how it would. June-August haven’t exactly been kind to my finances. The addition of car loan payments, student loan payments, root canal payments, increased gas usage, and a crazy electric bill (crazy from the fuel adjustment) have been driving me up the wall. Not to mention applying (for the second time, even though the first time wasn’t processed) to my university + a late fee (that I was told about to the last minute).
Current Net Worth: -$19,638.26
BLAH. This is as of August 31, so it does not include my possible student loan for this semester. I also did not include the worth of my car.
- -$13,371.04 – Student Loans – Not as high as it was because I have made two months worth of payments of $154.62
- -$3000 – Car – This is comprised of however many necessary worth of payments of $150/month to my parents (who took out the literal loan).
- -$1878.63 – Discover – Mostly consumer debt.
- -$1007 – Root Canal – This is to my Care Credit card, which I took out and used to get a surprise root canal (the best kind of surprise) back in July.
- -$498 – University – What I owe from a past semester for tuition
- -$417.92 – Roommate – This is for general supplies and pet deposit.
- +$116.41 – What I have in my bank account right now.
The plan is to knock out $300 in car loan payments, $417.92 in roommate payments, $48 in Discover card payments, $36 in root canal payments, and the full $498 for what I still owe my university for a total of $1299.92 in planned debt repayment for September.
I think this pretty much concludes catching y’all up with my life for the summer. Now on to September and a great way to finish the year!